So I wasn't sure whether to call this a soup or a stew - it's very thick in any case (you can add more water, but that's how I like it)
This is super easy to make and the most delicious, warming thing to eat on a cold winter's day!
- 1 brown onion, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup korma curry paste (CHECK THE INGREDIENTS because some of these contain dairy products)
- 5 cups of water
- 400g can of diced tomatoes
- 2/3 cup red lentils, rinsed
- 1/2 cup pearled couscous, rinsed
- 2 white potatoes, peeled and chopped into cubes
- Fresh coriander to serve
- Crusty bread to serve
- Heat a splash of water in a large non-stick pan, and then add the onion. Cook for a few minutes or until the onion is soft and transparent.
- Add the curry paste, stir to combine well.
- Add the water, tomatoes, red lentils, couscous and potatoes and stir to combine.
- Cover the pan, bring to the boil and then reduce the heat to simmer with the lid on for 20-25 mins.
- Serve up with chopped coriander and slices of bread. So goooooood!