Creamy, Dreamy Almond Mylk
*Better photos are coming - but after I posted these shots on Instagram over the weekend and got a heap of messages I decided to post this recipe up straight away!*
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1000ml filtered water
- 1 medjool date - optional (although I might try 2 next time because I'm a sweet tooth)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Soak almonds in water for 12-24 hours - I did about 20 over the weekend.
- Drain almonds and rinse well, then pop in a high-speed blender with all other ingredients.
- Blend on the highest speed for 3-4 mins.
- Pour through a nut mylk bag or cheesecloth into a clean bowl, and (with clean hands!) press the bag to strain all the mylk into the bowl.
- Transfer into a glass jar or bottle with a tight lid and store in the fridge for up to 5 days!